Two types of grants are offered:
- Short Visit Grants of up to 14 days
- Exchange Grants from 15 days to six months
1. Undertake work applicable to the CompStar Programme
2. Apply to stay in a European country other than the country of origin
3. Return to the institute of origin upon termination, so that the applicant's institution may also benefit from the broadened knowledge of the scientist
4. Acknowledge ESF/CompStar in any publications resulting from the grantee's work
Priority will be given to applications where the institutions involved are in countries that financially support the programme.
Level of award:
Short visit grants are reimbursed on a per diem basis of 85 EUR plus actual travel expenses up to a maximum of 500 EUR after the visit on submission of a completed balance payment form accompanied by the original travel tickets. No payment will be made without the scientific report.
Exchange grants are reimbursed on the basis of an allowance of 1,600 EUR per month / 400 EUR per week / 57 EUR per day plus actual costs for travel, up to a maximum of 500 EUR.
Applications providing a short description of the proposed project work (about 1000 words for exchange grants and 250 words for short visit grants) and the duration of the stay should be submitted using the on-line forms.
Short Visit Grant: Application Form
Exchange grants: Application Form
Grant Guidelines (pdf 42.6 KBytes)
Please note that exchange grants should be supported by a letter of recomendation from someone familiar with the applicant's work (if appropriate), a letter of acceptance from the receiving institution and a curriculum vitae of two A4 pages.